~~~~The love of Barbarian Assault brought us together and friendship has made us stay ~~~~

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome to Barbarian Assault Addicts' Website!
BAA has moved to old school! Come join us "B A Addicts"
BAA is now open for everyone, no requirements, no applications. Join us!

Share | 

Trident

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Shir27
Ranger: "Shooty-shooty!"

PostSubject: Re: Trident   Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:51 pm

TheSirApplepie wrote:
shir27 wrote:
siniwelho wrote:

It's we who are in disadvantage because no-one in BAA plays BA.

All I do in RS is B.A, so that isn't exactly true Razz
If wasn't BA I would have been quited for a long time now.
If there wasn't BAA I would have quited already Razz

Same thing for me, this is the first clan I joined and I know now it is the last also Smile
Back to top Go down
TheSirApplepie
BA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Trident   Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:46 pm

shir27 wrote:
siniwelho wrote:

If there wasn't BAA I would have quited already Razz
Back to top Go down
Shir27
Ranger: "Shooty-shooty!"

PostSubject: Re: Trident   Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:13 pm

siniwelho wrote:

Back to top Go down
siniwelho
Living Legend

PostSubject: Re: Trident   Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:01 pm

Jail has posted a recruitment thread to the RSOF.

http://services.runescape.com/m=forum/forums.ws?93,94,45,63282575
Back to top Go down
Firehawk825
Queen: "Run away! Run away!"

PostSubject: Re: Trident   Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:07 am

siniwelho wrote:
Downed told that Rote has left the clan. Hadees Heart is now the leader.

Wonder if he might consider re-joining us? Smile
Back to top Go down
siniwelho
Living Legend

PostSubject: Re: Trident   Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:06 am

Downed told that Rote has left the clan. Hadees Heart is now the leader.

Back to top Go down
Zyenne
Waka Canoe

PostSubject: Re: Trident   Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:11 am

MrHorizontal wrote:
@Zye
I don't think Ginger was rude in the way she asked me to join Trident. To be fully honest I don't think she knew I was a member of BAA and even if she did, I don't see anything wrong with a person asking their friend if they'll join them in their clan. People like to be with people they know. If she went on a recruiting spree as a guest in our CC while key members were offline, that would be different. Razz

You MR:
I only meant it in general Very Happy As someone else here said that Trident has been asking some baers from other ba clans to join them, or as Zonth said when I saw him at ba today; "lured from other ba clan to join trident" while they know that member they are trying to recruit are in other ba clan ^^

TBH I don't think it's rude to ask others join new clan since it's everyones own choice to join or not Very Happy I just feel sorry for those who get lured by offering high rank or 24/7 ba activity, all this is true at the moment, but who knows how long will that activity last? Anyway that type of recruiting ( aka stealing members from other Ba clans instead of finding recruits at ba) could tell something about the clan?

Same with the rumour of Trident paying for others to teach their members? sounds fishy. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Downed
Healer: "A nasty piece of work."

PostSubject: Re: Trident   Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:22 am

Quote :
So I wonder if BAA and PFU (to a lesser extent) have saturated the market, as it were, leaving no room for a 'new' clan to arise. Tom was the third BA person I had on my friends list. He joined BAA. Since then the vast majority of people I meet are either already in this clan or about to join it. No wonder it is so hard, as I found out, to get anything even resembling a clan vs clan race going. I'm almost completely convinced that we will not see another BA clan of significant size. Much less will we see one that actually plays BA.

D2G has worked by not being a clan. An active friends chat can thrive in BAA's shadow because it doesn't have to directly compete - we can accomodate the come-and-go people. Besides that, possibly 30-40% of the regulars are from BAA, with Unicorn and Yuhrr now joining as well.

A long post for such a small point. What I'm saying is that from what my experience suggests, D2G is the closest thing to another BA clan that there can be right now. Even UBA was not able to draw in any Paperguys, Toms, Sars or Bodicatos.

I'm surprised that after this recent post by Rote, he still went and created a clan anyway.
Back to top Go down
Rietz
Fighter: "What on RuneScape is that?"

PostSubject: Re: Trident   Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:27 am

Downed wrote:
Who was this, Sini?

Blue or Toxic came in yesterday with a bit of a load mouth.

I do agree that Trident has a much better chance of surviving and being more of a known clan that PFU/UBA ever was. But there is no doubt in my mind that UBA and Trident are similar in so many ways.

For a first, Rank 1 healer has founded the clan (Alex S who was previously rank 1 heal founded UBA). Secondly it has many high-ranked players, more than we do for sure. Thirdly it is mostly people who do nothing much else than BA in the time that they play RuneScape. My final reason is that it is mainly a clan of friends, Rote described to me that it is "A continuation of D2g".

I also agree with Marv when he says that many people have changed. Rote has certainly changed a lot when i first got to know him, when he wasn't even on top page for healer. He is a lot more stoic, and i feel not as friendly as he was. I feel much the same way towards Jail, when i first met him he was happy to learn from me and rote, now i would sure be happy to learn a trick or two from him. But he has certainly changed since he has gotten to rank 1 collector. I also used to be able to have conversations with Rote and Jail for hours sometimes, but now i can't do that, they just aren't the people that i know.

There are also many people in my mind that would fit in so happily to BAA if given the chance, but of course a star rank seems to be a lot better than a silly banana. I have asked Pixie on so many different occasions if she would like to join BAA, she refused every time. Same with Qinn and Jail.

There is no doubt that Trident could win a race over us, if we both used our best players, but we have lots of teams that could make a sub 16/15 minute runs, whereas they might only be able to scrape two teams that would be able to do that.

I, like Hori have gotten an invitation from several members of Trident, first one was from Qinn, then iOWN BA. But i would never leave BAA, i feel to attached to the clan, and i never felt that was when i was in PFU or UBA.

I really hope that friendships aren't lost with this new clan around, but as i can see some have already been broken.
Back to top Go down
Downed

PostSubject: Re: Trident   Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:49 am

Who was this, Sini?
Back to top Go down
siniwelho
Living Legend

PostSubject: Re: Trident   Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:10 am

Downed wrote:
Would they even agree to having 3 teams? They only have 25 members so it seems pretty unlikely. They might not even agree to 2 teams.
I don't see how they could refuse because one of their members
was in our cc telling us how we don't play BA and they do. If they
are so devoted to BA getting 15 out of 24 still leaves 9 to spare.

Back to top Go down
MrHorizontal
Master of Roles

PostSubject: Re: Trident   Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:55 am

@Zye
I don't think Ginger was rude in the way she asked me to join Trident. To be fully honest I don't think she knew I was a member of BAA and even if she did, I don't see anything wrong with a person asking their friend if they'll join them in their clan. People like to be with people they know. If she went on a recruiting spree as a guest in our CC while key members were offline, that would be different. Razz

Lance wrote:
Sini wrote:
In order to lessen the "luck factor" both should have at least three teams.
That will even the odds.

And yes, I'm expecting them to challenge us in the near future because
on our RS clan pages we claim that we are the best BA clan in RS. They
know that with luck they can beat us in a team vs. team race. But can
their 3rd team beat our 3rd team?
Their best players are as good as our best players, could even be better and stabler.
But the rest of their players aren't as good as the rest of ours.
Is that what you mean sini? O_o
I think that's what he means Lance. I know for a fact I'm not 'A-Team' quality when it comes to some of our BAA members, so that makes me a 'B-Team' or a 'C-Team' member. Our B-Team and C-Teams would be going against Trident's one-level 5 members and people that have just got Full Penance and think they are the best (people they've recruited just for membership count). I know that I'm faster than that sort of player.

So, our 'A-Team' against Trident's A-Team would be a fair race, that could go either way, but our B and C-Teams would kick ass against Trident's. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Zyenne
Waka Canoe

PostSubject: Re: Trident   Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:28 am

Yup, they challenged us faster than I thought.

I think they have chance to beat us in 1 team race if they gather all their best baers Wink
Back to top Go down
Downed

PostSubject: Re: Trident   Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:25 am

Would they even agree to having 3 teams? They only have 25 members so it seems pretty unlikely. They might not even agree to 2 teams.

We do have strength in depth, alot of strength, and would certainly at least beat them by 2-1 if we had 3 teams.

Zy mentioned that they had "a" team ready, just needed a time and a date... so O_o.

Edit: Yeah Lance, Sini just means that we have strength in depth. We could have a second and third team that would comprise of BAAers who could be in the first team Razz

Last edited by Downed on Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:30 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Mel
Queen: "Run Away! Run Away!"

PostSubject: Re: Trident   Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:54 am

Their best players are as good as our best players, could even be better and stabler.
But the rest of their players aren't as good as the rest of ours.
Is that what you mean sini? O_o
Back to top Go down
siniwelho
Living Legend

PostSubject: Re: Trident   Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:36 am

Downed wrote:
About the racing situation, they COULD beat us in a race if their best players are online:
Of course they could. If it is only a competition between the two top teams
then luck affects the result too much. You should know that - how many
times you have restarted a record attempt? Twisted Evil

In order to lessen the "luck factor" both should have at least three teams.
That will even the odds.

And yes, I'm expecting them to challenge us in the near future because
on our RS clan pages we claim that we are the best BA clan in RS. They
know that with luck they can beat us in a team vs. team race. But can
their 3rd team beat our 3rd team?

Back to top Go down
Zyenne
Waka Canoe

PostSubject: Re: Trident   Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:17 am

Lance wrote:
Zye wrote:
but if none of their members step up soon and create system for running the clan outside the clan chat, I think Trident will not last longer than 2 months. It's too difficult for only one player (usually leader) to keep list of all of them and at the same time ba and run the clan.

But Rote has had access to our forums, and knows how he could make the system work. He'll probably set up a forum later on, maybe make a simpler memberlist, etc. This clan has more potential to stay as a clan longer than UBA did Razz

Rote knows some of it Smile We do lots more behind the scenes than just add and remove new members Wink But I agree this clan has more potential than others have had this far, I wish them luck Wink
Back to top Go down
Downed

PostSubject: Re: Trident   Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:20 am

I've only played with Pixie once or twice and can't remember how well she baed, so I'll take your word for it, but nevertheless they do have some strong players... but so do we.
Back to top Go down
Mel

PostSubject: Re: Trident   Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:55 am

Zye wrote:
but if none of their members step up soon and create system for running the clan outside the clan chat, I think Trident will not last longer than 2 months. It's too difficult for only one player (usually leader) to keep list of all of them and at the same time ba and run the clan.

But Rote has had access to our forums, and knows how he could make the system work. He'll probably set up a forum later on, maybe make a simpler memberlist, etc. This clan has more potential to stay as a clan longer than UBA did Razz
Back to top Go down
Zyenne
Waka Canoe

PostSubject: Re: Trident   Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:27 am

Lance wrote:
Waiting for TheSirApplePie to post in response to Hori now xD

The way I see it, Trident seem to be stealing members from other clans. Don't really like that. I mean, I didn't feel this way about PFU or UBA, but meh.
They so have rather good players, definitely worth it to race them!

Imo it's not nice for Trident go around asking members who are in other clans to join theirs, I think it's more polite to ask (if you don't know) if you are in other clan before telling them about your own clan. Tho I wish Trident doesn't fall apart anytime soon, I want to race them! ;D

And I agree that Trident does play more BA atm than us, but if none of their members step up soon and create system for running the clan outside the clan chat, I think Trident will not last longer than 2 months. It's too difficult for only one player (usually leader) to keep list of all of them and at the same time ba and run the clan. This might be the reason why the other previous BA clans have fallen apart. They all had equal chance to survive many years if they had put any efford into running the clan, it's not BAA that overpowers and stops them from developing, it's them.

There was reason why BAA has survived this long, we have always had members that were willing to step up and create website/memberlist, run clan, become moderators and work for clan. Also everytime previous leader stepped down there was always someone who took over Smile We wouldn't be here today if there wasn't these people Smile

Back to top Go down
Mel

PostSubject: Re: Trident   Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:01 am

Waiting for TheSirApplePie to post in response to Hori now xD

The way I see it, Trident seem to be stealing members from other clans. Don't really like that. I mean, I didn't feel this way about PFU or UBA, but meh.
They so have rather good players, definitely worth it to race them!
Back to top Go down
MrHorizontal
Master of Roles

PostSubject: Re: Trident   Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:28 pm

@Downed
I didn't know that Zonth joined Trident. It's a shame, but like you said, some people want to BA all the time and don't care about the community aspect that we love so much about BAA. I don't see it as a bad thing that BAA members aren't always playing BA. I know that Shawna and I would never have fitted in if this wasn't the case, because we flip between what we do in RuneScape all the time (we end back at the Outpost eventually though Razz).

I did hear about the whole Luxia Fowl & Ginger ordeal. If I get a chance I will try to talk to her, it is awful that she sees BAA in a bad light because of this.

In regard to their best racing team, in your line-up I would suggest they replace Hadees Heart (I guess I probably should know who this is? Lol) with Pixie Stixie. She's an incredible player, her ranks really don't lie.

Try not to get angry, competition is good. Sure it is disappointing to lose our friends, but a BA clan monopoly (think of Microsoft before Apple) is no good to the general BA community. It would just mean that BAA would be crowded and not as friendly as it is right now. With competition existing, we can keep the good apples in and let the other BA clans pick up the scraps. It's just a shame that some of the other BA clans snatch some of the good apples.
Back to top Go down
Downed

PostSubject: Re: Trident   Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:44 pm

I believe that Trident will die after a few months maybe? Doesn't have the structure. My old farming clan had a split when a popular high ranked female member decided to split ways and create her own farming clan, taking 1/4 of the members with her. Just friends really, not a proper ranking structure and no order really. Obviously enough, it fell apart, a clan can't just work on friendships alone imo.

I agree with Sar that it is sad when BAA members leave us. I gotta say I'm disappointed in Zonth and Zuhrr, just disappearing without a post or anything (even if they didn't use the forums). I think less highly of them now - whether I should or not, is another question. If they are going to get a higher rank, I think that is just powerhungry. If they are leaving because Trident members BA 95% of the time, I can understand that as most of our members don't BA alot at all.

I guess that they will still be allowed to come back to BAA, if they want to come back after Trident dies (hypothetical situation)?

Mr. H's post, I also agree with. Disappointed in Rote very much so, he's changed alot indeed. I'm also very disappointed in Luxia Guard as he's now known. He's changed alot too. Thought he was a friend of mine, but clearly not. I guess I won't flame in front of him, but I will definitely ignore him at BA. No way am I accepting "too many people at one time" as a reason for deletion from friends list, especially when I helped him out a few days before that.

Nice to hear that you declined Ginger's invitation too, Mr. H Razz, true BAAer! Don't think I've received an invitation as of yet Sad... haha! They do have a few good members that I would have liked to see at BAA, but meh what can you do? Ginger Ale had something against BAA due to Luxia Fowl inviting her some time ago when Luxia was still a member... idk, complicated; Qinn is a very nice person.

About the racing situation, they COULD beat us in a race if their best players are online:

Attacker: Ginger Ale
Attacker: Hadees Heart
Collector: Luxia Guard
Defender: Zonthoria
Healer: RoteRosen

They're probably only lacking in the attack department, but they'd still do very well. Could probably get a 14 minute time if they got lucky (likewise with us) but they definitely have a chance of beating us if Zonth, Lux, Rote are on. I don't know if Zonth/Rote will implement some of the ideas that we posted on this forum... meh, probably.

Would be nice to have a clan vs clan race if they're up for it, but there is a possibility that we could lose. I already feel a strong dislike towards Trident, but I will do my best not to flame them.
Back to top Go down
Fireheart
Master of Roles

PostSubject: Re: Trident   Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:57 pm

clans die because they race us.. true story
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trident   

Back to top Go down

Trident
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next