~~~~The love of Barbarian Assault brought us together and friendship has made us stay ~~~~

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome to Barbarian Assault Addicts' Website!
BAA has moved to old school! Come join us "B A Addicts"
BAA is now open for everyone, no requirements, no applications. Join us!

Share | 

London Riots....

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mel
Queen: "Run Away! Run Away!"

PostSubject: London Riots....   Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:30 pm

Please note, these videos have alot of swearing in, if you choose to watch it..
Click the spoiler below

Spoiler:

No

Spoiler:

No

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/8690403/London-riots-live.html

Shocked
Back to top Go down
Downed
Healer: "A nasty piece of work."

PostSubject: Re: London Riots....   Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:37 pm

Spread to Birmingham too :/
Back to top Go down
Mel

PostSubject: Re: London Riots....   Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:07 pm

I heard. Lucky we're not in either of those places atm, huh? confused
Back to top Go down
Mel

PostSubject: Re: London Riots....   Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:25 pm

Got another even more shocking...
Back to top Go down
Downed

PostSubject: Re: London Riots....   Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:32 am

Despicable.
Back to top Go down
Mel

PostSubject: Re: London Riots....   Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:34 am

No
Back to top Go down
Sar

PostSubject: Re: London Riots....   Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:55 am

What are they all rioting for? Shocked
Back to top Go down
honter wolf
Runner: "He's making a run for it!"

PostSubject: Re: London Riots....   Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:30 am

I understand why they riot... Prices on everything is sick. I am really glad that I live in Denmark where stuff as dentist and schools are free Neutral

Its crazy how brutal a riot it is though Sad
Back to top Go down
Mel

PostSubject: Re: London Riots....   Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:39 am

NHS is free for some (doctor stuff) and we have free schooling...
They're rioting because the police shot one man. And he died.
I bet half the people rioting don't even know his name.
Excuses excuses excuses >.>.
Back to top Go down
Downed

PostSubject: Re: London Riots....   Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:41 am

Some person shot dead in London by police; fair or not no idea.
Started riots in London which was a bit silly.
People are just being noobs and jumping on the bandwagon but in other cities, just using it a reason to act inappropriately and gain for themselves; an "excuse" for criminal behaviour for personal gain.

And yea, also fuelled by tougher times and struggling financially which causes people to take advantage of situations to help themselves.
Back to top Go down
honter wolf
Runner: "He's making a run for it!"

PostSubject: Re: London Riots....   Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:06 am

honter wolf wrote:
I understand why they riot... Prices on everything is sick. I am really glad that I live in Denmark where stuff as dentist and schools are free Neutral

I was told this was the reason which I would accept as a reason to riot. I guess there are more reasons? Or is this not valid?
Back to top Go down
Mel

PostSubject: Re: London Riots....   Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:10 am

honter wolf wrote:
honter wolf wrote:

I was told this was the reason which I would accept as a reason to riot. I guess there are more reasons? Or is this not valid?

Idk, what Downed said- "And yea, also fuelled by tougher times and struggling financially which causes people to take advantage of situations to help themselves.' I don't really know why they're rioting.... maybe just for fun or because they want the attention? I have no idea. Neutral
Back to top Go down
Mel

PostSubject: Re: London Riots....   Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:25 am

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_London_riots
Back to top Go down
Downed

PostSubject: Re: London Riots....   Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:11 am

I just mean that people are struggling more with money these days, so when the opportunity to loot arises, it is too good to pass up. Basically agreeing with Honter.

Only that the shooting of that man was the catalyst for these crimes.
Back to top Go down
MrHorizontal
Master of Roles

PostSubject: Re: London Riots....   Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:05 am

Mark Duggan, the person who got shot, was an alleged drug dealer and gang member. He was in possession of a replica firearm converted to fire live ammunition. This shooting was supposedly the trigger of the riots, which in my opinion only happened because of the rioters affiliation with gangs (explains the reason for only select communities over England) or because of a statement against racism. The police officer who shot the man was a member of 'Operation Trident', a unit who deals with gun crime in black communities.

UK police officers should not have right to arms when they do not know how to use them correctly. How is this incident any different from when the police shot an innocent Brazilian man, suspecting him for being a terrorist? The only difference here is that it angered gangs whereas with the Brazilian man's shooting it just created a grieving family. Sure Duggan was a menace to society, but is making the first shot really necessary? Surely correct procedure is to call back-up and cuff the suspect, no?

I can understand that mistakes happen and even in the US mistakes happen all the time, but US police officers have a whole lot more experience with hand-arms. Even in my local newspaper a few weeks back a letter was sent in describing how a police officer had disarmed a criminal and cuffed him, alone, without even needing to pull out his gun.

Last edited by MrHorizontal on Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mel

PostSubject: Re: London Riots....   Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:33 pm

Hori, it was a mistake by a police officer. Duggan's family is asking for the riots to stop- they don't think it's necessary. This means, the rioters are really just using his death as an excuse...

EDIT: And also what must be remembered is that this is the city hosting the Olympics next year; it can't be seen using violence as a method of control of the masses. So even the army can't do anything if they were asked to. Basically- we have no defence and the troublemakers can do whatever they want. Why are they in Birmingham? Birmingham has nothing to do with Mark Duggan's death. It's just bored people set out to cause trouble. Police would get angry. The fact that they can't do anything to physically stop the gangs is worrying...
Back to top Go down
MrHorizontal
Master of Roles

PostSubject: Re: London Riots....   Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:21 pm

Oh no, I totally agree with you. It was a mistake on part of the police officer, regardless of whether the man was involved in a gang or not. UK police officers really do not know how to deal with situations when guns are involved.

Note: I've only read into this a little bit, so I might be missing out on some of the information that you can see on the BBC.

And yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if the Olympics was taken away from London if this sort of thing continues to happen. There are a lot of weak systems set up for the police force, clearly. After the London Bombings and then the announcement of the London Olympics there was already the fear of another terrorist attack. I'm not saying that anything would happen, but if the police can't handle riots, or even a single Mark Duggan, how can they control the Olympics if something were to happen?

Last edited by MrHorizontal on Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mel

PostSubject: Re: London Riots....   Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:56 pm

MrHorizontal wrote:
And yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if the Olympics was taken away from London if this sort of thing continues to happen. There are a lot of weak systems set up for the police force, clearly. After the London Bombings and then the announcement of the London Olympics there was already the fear of another terrorist attack. I'm not saying that anything would happen, but if the police can't handle riots, or even a single Mark Duggan, how can they control the Olympics if something were to happen?

Shocked I hope they don't take the Olympics away...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: London Riots....   

Back to top Go down

London Riots....
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1