~~~~The love of Barbarian Assault brought us together and friendship has made us stay ~~~~

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome to Barbarian Assault Addicts' Website!
BAA has moved to old school! Come join us "B A Addicts"
BAA is now open for everyone, no requirements, no applications. Join us!

Share | 

August Captain -> General promotions

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Zyenne
Waka Canoe

PostSubject: Re: August Captain -> General promotions   Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:32 pm

I have no problem with Phyzin getting promotion. He has his anger problems, yes, but it's not the first time we have high rank with such problems? This time it's not about getting promotion to old Captain rank with most of leadership powers, the promotion this time is purely cosmetic which doesn't give new powers.

Phyzin has a job in clan and he does that well. I know he argued about why he didn't get a promotion earlier, I wasn't happy about that arguement, but tbh he is right he deserves it for working so hard for clan. I was in same situation years ago, got a job but others didn't want to promote me to Captain. You know even if he is ok with it 99% of time (or I was) when we get angry it's usually one of things bugging us the most, that we are not trusted. ^^

OK that went a bit off topic Very Happy But Phyzin does deserve his promotion Wink
Back to top Go down
Thkya
Queen: "Run away! Run away!"

PostSubject: Re: August Captain -> General promotions   Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:44 am

It's cool, I wasn't assuming you'd misunderstood, just had another conversation that er... seemed to indicate that clarification was called for Wink
Back to top Go down
bodicato
BA Newbie

PostSubject: Re: August Captain -> General promotions   Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:31 am

sorry thkya , i was editing my post when u replied so you wouldnt have seen this bit:

Although the position would have no special powers it a rank that represents BA ADDICTS and those that hold it should be outstanding in behavior. I personally do not feel that anyone that uses that kind of langauge in cc should be in such a position.
Back to top Go down
Thkya

PostSubject: Re: August Captain -> General promotions   Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:25 am

Thanks Bodi.

Just for clarity, because I know at least one person was unclear on this: This new general rank will have no kick powers or anything else that captains don't already have. So it's not an increase in power, only in prestige Razz You might even say that there's no reason to create a new rank, but since we will have an extra rank to play with, it seemed reasonable to offer our captains a chance to earn an extra-shiny star, even if it is purely cosmetic.
Back to top Go down
bodicato
BA Newbie

PostSubject: Re: August Captain -> General promotions   Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:17 am

I am also not sure on physin.
I dont understand what leads him to act like he did in cc and would like to know more as to what actually caused him to behave in that way.
Can we really have him promoted to such a responsible position not knowing when he will suddenly flare up like that again. Although the position would have no special powers it a rank that represents BA ADDICTS and those that hold it should be outstanding in behavior. I personally do not feel that anyone that uses that kind of langauge in cc should be in such a position.

Last edited by bodicato on Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Thkya

PostSubject: Re: August Captain -> General promotions   Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:25 am

Yeah, I thought you might feel that way. Let me explain why I very much do want to promote him, then.

Phyzin does have this anger problem - it's not that he's angry all the time, or get pissed off at little things, or any of the usual ways that people can be angry. He's fine most of the time and then every once in a while, he goes completely berserk. As we saw recently, and as we've seen before. He'll say anything he can think of, and there's pretty much no way to calm him down short of removing him from the situation and wait. So that's why I would never, ever want to promote him to a position where he had the ability to kick someone from cc. Because while I trust him 99% of the time, he has NO impulse control when he explodes.

But! I feel that he deserves a heck of a lot of credit for the way he deals with his outbursts afterwards. He always apologises, he's ready to accept the consequences, he *knows* that it's a dumb thing to do - he just can't prevent it sometimes. I'm willing to accept his word on this - that when this happens he's not in control of himself until it's over.

It's been impossible to promote him because of this issue, but you have to agree that anyone else who's as loyal to BAA as he is, and who's as willing to do a job like keeping track of pendings for as long as he has, would have been promoted a long time ago. He deserves a promotion, he deserved it a long time ago, but it hasn't been safe to give it to him and so he's been stuck at the same rank forever. Seeing newer members pass him by, too, and I know this is a sore spot with him.

But the general rank doesn't come with kick powers, or anything else that we might need to worry about. So I think it's the least we can do, really.
Back to top Go down
Shado
BA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: August Captain -> General promotions   Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:28 am

Im fine with all of them, just after Phyzins.. urm kick a few days ago.. i don't trust him atm. sorry.
Back to top Go down
Thkya

PostSubject: Re: August Captain -> General promotions   Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:08 am

Go read the announcement ya nub Razz

There's going to be a new rank between old lieuts and old cpts, it won't really have any special rights, basically it's just lieuts+, because we had a rank left over Razz
Back to top Go down
Zyenne
Waka Canoe

PostSubject: Re: August Captain -> General promotions   Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:03 am

ok I was already confused by all other changes, but does this mean you promote current captains (old lieutenants) to generals ( aka captains?), we are getting a new bunch of generals then? O-o Or is there going to be another rank between old lieutenant and captain ranks? O_o

scared
Back to top Go down
Thkya

PostSubject: August Captain -> General promotions   Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:51 am

I can't really post this in the regular promotion thread, or in the generals forum (which I suppose will have to be renamed AGAIN), because all current captains can see those, and that'd be a little awkward. But these are my suggestions for which captains to promote to generals in august:

Addict Bob
Nominate
Jaxy
Lance Nub
FireHawk825
Kightsbane
Rietz
Phyzin
Psyduck
Osdadv

Some are activity based, some are low-ish activity for this particular month but put on the list for other reasons.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: August Captain -> General promotions   

Back to top Go down

August Captain -> General promotions
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1