~~~~The love of Barbarian Assault brought us together and friendship has made us stay ~~~~

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome to Barbarian Assault Addicts' Website!
BAA has moved to old school! Come join us "B A Addicts"
BAA is now open for everyone, no requirements, no applications. Join us!

Share | 

Ba Bots Exist?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sar
Queen: "Run Away! Run Away!"

PostSubject: Ba Bots Exist?   Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:32 pm

Recently there has been talk of players botting. A couple of people I know believe that the player that goes by the name "Zeal Zairos (or is it Karios?)" bots, and from the few rounds i've done with him i have insufficient evidence to come to a conclusion either way. Anyhow, this video is fairly recent - June 20th this year, and from what little i know about bots, looks fairly sophisticated.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rv6U46nmRCc

Rsbot: Feb 11th
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQlMr-q6JqQ&feature=related

I just hope that ba does not become one of that bot-infested minigames of rs. I quite enjoyed my time at one of the few minigames where i knew everyone was a human on the other end.
Back to top Go down
sd1011
Ranger: "Shooty-shooty!"

PostSubject: Re: Ba Bots Exist?   Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:55 pm

Second one is fake/keylogger, according to comments. Not too sure about the first one though, don't know enough about bots. Seems overly complicated though, and can't imagine why they would just put the link, probably a virus/keylogger too.

EDIT: hmm searched around some more and looks like first one could be real Shocked report the site to jagex i guess.
hmm, even if it is real, i doubt there would be much demand for it. there's much better money-making methods, and also no reason to fill horn if someone could just bot agi/fm/mine directly.
Back to top Go down
siniwelho
Living Legend

PostSubject: Re: Ba Bots Exist?   Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:22 pm

Names on the first video:

Auxi - certainly a botted account. Total 1677 and over 15m rc exp. Has posted to Zybez:
http://forums.zybez.net/topic/1441104-auxi-99-runecrafting-untrimmed/

HF ZERK - total 1720. Rune pure with 94 mage, 92 herb and 95 pray. Hard to see where the money came from. Probably from an other account or he botted something that doesn't give exp like flax.

Dangers - no account with that name (any more).

Wolf Saurus - total 2198. This looks like a normal unbotted main. Has posted to the RSOF:
http://services.runescape.com/m=forum/forums.ws?135,136,965,62628012,216,302602533,highlight,#216

Back to top Go down
MrHorizontal
Master of Roles

PostSubject: Re: Ba Bots Exist?   Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:35 am

A few people have admitted to using a BA bot to me randomly. I don't know why, because I don't understand how they think I would be OK with that. It disturbs me enough to see my close friends bot after 5/6 years of legitimate play, so to see people bot a mini-game totally goes over my head in confusion. BA is fun, why bot to get ranks, when eventually you'd be found out to be a cheater anyways.

One particular incident stands out for me-
A friend of mine that I had BA'ed with for quite a bit randomly admitted to using a BA bot one day. I deleted him immediately after thinking about it, since it was a fairly obvious bot, since when we first played together and he defended (by his choice) he played pretty good although if I requested for him to defend randomly he would always play terribly. It was a shame because we had BA'ed together very actively for a few months.

Last edited by MrHorizontal on Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Downed
Healer: "A nasty piece of work."

PostSubject: Re: Ba Bots Exist?   Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:30 am

I did a quick check on a site well-known for botting and there are no scripts on there for BA.
There are probably only rubbish scripts that have been made by users for themselves.
I don't think there's a need to worry... yet.
Hopefully BA is seen as a waste of time to bot and no-one would bother to make a script for it.

Although, I see a script for Dungeoneering which surprises me... guess a script can be made for pretty much anything nowadays.
Back to top Go down
honter wolf
Runner: "He's making a run for it!"

PostSubject: Re: Ba Bots Exist?   Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:06 am

Downed wrote:
Although, I see a script for Dungeoneering which surprises me... guess a script can be made for pretty much anything nowadays.

Wuvs (ex BAA member) was reset in dungeneering. I guess she botted it too Neutral
Back to top Go down
Fireheart
Master of Roles

PostSubject: Re: Ba Bots Exist?   Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:46 am

honter wolf wrote:
Downed wrote:

Wuvs (ex BAA member) was reset in dungeneering. I guess she botted it too Neutral

Wuvs most likely didn't bot dung - I have seen actual proof of a dung bot, however a few people banned.

Wuvs most likely was reset for another stat, and dung went down with it.

They reset all stats 50% in exp or whatever they feel sufficient, and they even take half of your ingame money as well.

Also - For all we know, the bot might be a fake, and he's getting people to use instant buy button, and he'd be getting free money?

Also - Delete the second video link - It's a key logger, don't download anything off of youtube - You will regret it forever.

Back to top Go down
0megga
Runner: "He's making a run for it!"

PostSubject: Re: Ba Bots Exist?   Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:53 pm

I've seen how bots work, and in this vidoe the player definately
does not move like a bot. The only thing that confuses me is
that status thing on the bottom. Either he took some work and
made it to fool us , or it's a very good bot.
Back to top Go down
CallumTehMad
BA Newbie

PostSubject: Re: Ba Bots Exist?   Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:47 pm

Torso, if a ba bot existed id expect pkers to use it for torsos due to their strength bonus. Or just people desperate for a high rank but arent prepared to earn it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ba Bots Exist?   

Back to top Go down

Ba Bots Exist?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1