~~~~The love of Barbarian Assault brought us together and friendship has made us stay ~~~~

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome to Barbarian Assault Addicts' Website!
BAA has moved to old school! Come join us "B A Addicts"
BAA is now open for everyone, no requirements, no applications. Join us!

Share | 

A chance to sit with the crown

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Firehawk825
Queen: "Run away! Run away!"

PostSubject: Re: A chance to sit with the crown   Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:10 pm

This is one of the reasons I don't want to be a mod. bounce
Back to top Go down
Rietz
Fighter: "What on RuneScape is that?"

PostSubject: Re: A chance to sit with the crown   Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:35 am

Sounds tiring. Razz
Back to top Go down
tinman327
BA Newbie

PostSubject: A chance to sit with the crown   Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:23 pm

scared OMG! Tinny is making a post oh noeeeesss ruuuun!! Have you ever wonder what it may be like to be a moderator? Or maybe just think (briefly) what a day in the life of one is like? Keep reading, if not turn your beedy little eyes away and close this out.
RS is full of characters both honest and cheaters. Our duty is to help support the community in one way or another.
Being a moderator is not as easy as one thinks. I hear players say ," Well moderators don't do anything." In some cases that may be true, depends on your personal experience with them.
Me, i bend over backwards to help friends and members out. Ask Shado..lol. Most moderators keep their private set to closed due to endless harassment.
That's right, I said it! HARASSSMENT... Think to yourselves what's the most annoying question someone can ask you? Would it be, "Hey you, can you spare 1m gp plzzzzz?" or ," PHR333 ST0000F PLZ?" While following you around.
Multiply that by 1000 when you're a moderator. Common questions asked to us, How do you become a moderator?" I think if I had 100 gp every time someone asked me that one in one day, I'd be a billionare!!
As a moderator, you're expected to know everything about everything! This includes new updates, answers to quests, money making tips, so on. To all the would be moderators, remember that cause if you don't know something (heaven Forbid). You're just a stupid noob mod then! (I luv that name.)
Does wearing a silver crown have weight to it? Yes it does, it's how you handle the situations you can't brush off that makes every bit of difference. Reporting a dear friend for rule breaking, like macroning/botting. That takes it's toll on you. Or dealing with a player that just lost 25m due to being hacked. Especially clan members you know and care for.
Guys remember we mods are players just like you. We have good days and bad days. Some of us are very quarkie (like me.) Don't be afraid to say hi to one of us or come to us with a problem. I'm not guarenteeing we'll have all your answers but maybe we can give you insite as to where to look to solve your problem. Who knows, maybe one of our answers might give you a good and well deserved laugh!
Being a mod is generally an overall good experience, but each is different. It's not for everybody! Expect to be followed around, insulted because you have authority, badgered, complimented, called a noob 150 times a day!
It's RUNESCAPE, there's no place like it! And this is a day in the life of a Moderator.
Thanks for reading jocolor
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A chance to sit with the crown   

Back to top Go down

A chance to sit with the crown
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1