~~~~The love of Barbarian Assault brought us together and friendship has made us stay ~~~~

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome to Barbarian Assault Addicts' Website!
BAA has moved to old school! Come join us "B A Addicts"
BAA is now open for everyone, no requirements, no applications. Join us!

Share | 

What do these medals mean?

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Thkya
Queen: "Run away! Run away!"

PostSubject: Re: What do these medals mean?   Thu May 12, 2011 4:22 pm

Yup. I do wish Jagex would let all games count towards the high scores, but what can we do? Sad
Back to top Go down
MrHorizontal
Master of Roles

PostSubject: Re: What do these medals mean?   Thu May 12, 2011 4:09 pm

I see. Thanks for clearing that up for me. So it's pretty much a high scores list of people who gamble/buy the most items and not necessarily play the most, since some people only play to fill their horn.

Last edited by MrHorizontal on Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Thkya

PostSubject: Re: What do these medals mean?   Thu May 12, 2011 4:01 pm

The medals are only based on games played for points. Jagex' BA highscores are unfortunately only based on points games, so that's the only available information.

When I mentioned XP, that was in relation to the regular stats page (it shows if someone has gained more than 10k xp in a skill in the past week - have a look at it and you'll see what I mean). But this doesn't influence the medals in any way.
Back to top Go down
MrHorizontal
Master of Roles

PostSubject: Re: What do these medals mean?   Thu May 12, 2011 3:32 pm

Oh wow, what an interesting feature!

So let me get this right... Someone who plays BA a lot, but only fills their horn wouldn't appear as 'active' until they spend their XP by training skills? Or is it strictly BA points? I only ask because at one point you said it was valued by how much they played BA (which is only proven by BA points) and then you said it was valued by XP and points.

Last edited by MrHorizontal on Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Thkya

PostSubject: Re: What do these medals mean?   Thu May 12, 2011 11:52 am

Short explanation: They show how much BA the person has played recently.

Longer explanation: The memberlist has a function where it tracks everyone's stats and BA stats, using data from the high scores. I update those stats every monday, so looking at the stats on memberslist you can see who's gained xp/points in what over the past week.

The medals track the data a bit further back than just the latest week, though I don't know how far exactly. So someone could have really high ranks but not played at all recently, and their medal would be lower than someone who just started playing BA last month but has been playing every day since Wink

(Occasionally you will see someone with no stats at all - this either meant that I reset stats without knowing that that person had changed their name (omg guys post your namechanges!), or sometimes the thing just messes up on its own when grabbing stats. This will mess up medals too.)

Back to top Go down
MrHorizontal
Master of Roles

PostSubject: What do these medals mean?   Thu May 12, 2011 11:29 am

What do these mean on the BAA member list? I'm only asking because there are some high ranked people (in the highscores, which I presumed it meant at first) that have silver instead of gold? Or is this just a mistake?

Example: I have gold, Marco has silver?

Last edited by MrHorizontal on Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do these medals mean?   

Back to top Go down

What do these medals mean?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Barbarian Assault Addicts :: BAA HISTORY BOX-
Jump to: