~~~~The love of Barbarian Assault brought us together and friendship has made us stay ~~~~

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome to Barbarian Assault Addicts' Website!
BAA has moved to old school! Come join us "B A Addicts"
BAA is now open for everyone, no requirements, no applications. Join us!

Share | 

What do you look for when inviting new members?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Zyenne
Waka Canoe

PostSubject: Re: What do you look for when inviting new members?   Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:27 pm

~~ Wakaye's invite method ~~

My invite method is a bit unusual since many of baa members only do one round for invite ^.^
I usually ask for 1-2 rounds with pending, and I test the roles I think are the hardest ones for most people: defender and healer. If I have baed with pending before and seen their healing skills, I only ask them to def 1 round for invite.

Before starting an invite round I talk with pending and get to know him/her (nothing is better than making new friends! ^.^) I also collect info I need for invite post.

round 1: DEFENDER (w1-9 I allow 1 runner pass)
round 2: HEALER

After inviteround I talk with them:
- tell them results of round
- tips and tricks how to improve & some common tricks we use during round (for all roles)
- explain rules and racing
- if needed I teach them

If they need some teaching I show them how to def/heal my way (the weird way Very Happy ). I ask them practice role on their own and come back to me when they think they are ready to try my invite round again. Smile

4 things I check before I invite them:
- their activity
- behaviour in cc and ba
- passing my test
- are they just after items or filling horn. bypassing or staying with us. ^.^

-------------------------------
Like Thkya said there's no right or wrong way to do invite rounds! ^.^ So you can freely make up your own Smile Think what you want to test; it can be speed, skill or something else. You choose! ^.^

Back to top Go down
Thkya
Queen: "Run away! Run away!"

PostSubject: What do you look for when inviting new members?   Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:55 am

As you hopefully know, everyone who's reached the rank of corporal is allowed to invite new members into the clan by posting in the Invite Thread in the Recruitement forum. That part is easy. But what should you be looking at when you decide whether to invite someone or not?

There's no right or wrong way to do it, but I thought it might be useful if we talk about it. Everyone can share how they do invite rounds/what else they look at/what they think is important, and that can serve as a guideline to those inviting someone for the first time Smile

I'll add my own method later Very Happy
Back to top Go down

What do you look for when inviting new members?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1