~~~~The love of Barbarian Assault brought us together and friendship has made us stay ~~~~

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome to Barbarian Assault Addicts' Website!
BAA has moved to old school! Come join us "B A Addicts"
BAA is now open for everyone, no requirements, no applications. Join us!

Share | 

New SC Strategies Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
sd1011
Ranger: "Shooty-shooty!"

PostSubject: New SC Strategies Thread   Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:06 am

***Next practice will be on Friday 7/23 at 6PM GMT (same time as before)***

If you are new to SC or inexperienced, I would suggest reading the old thread first: http://baaddicts.forumotion.net/clan-events-f38/sc-scoring-and-strategy-t137.htm

------------------------------------------------------------

This thread will cover 4 main topics: how to gain early control c5 resources, how to avoid getting base camped (and preparations against it), what to do if we get camped, and what to do after breaking the camp. For sunday, I think we will want to have 10-12 skillers, 5-6 1-itemers, and 2-3 mages.

RESOURCE CONTROL

This mainly applies to c5, since there probably won't be much competition over c4 and under. In a 20v20 game, there will be 2 (maybe 3) c5 resources. We would want to control at least 1, or both if they are close together. The best way to gain control is to be aggressive. Instead of waiting for c5 daggers or clays or barriers, our strategy will be to use lower class materials first. Any type of barrier is better than none, and any type of dagger is better than none.

The plan atm is to have 2 people (maybe me and sini) immediately pick c1 clays at the beginning of the game, and each make: 1 c1 staff, 1 magic pot, 90 ele runes (6 clay), 90 cata runes (6 clay), and 2 sets of barriers (8-10 clay, in case some barriers get picked). These people will be barraging, to take advantage of the potentially large number of people in a small area. Also, the barriers will hinder their access to the kiln (keep the closest kiln barriered!), as well as give the skillers a bit of time when the other team is all driven out. Barriers can only be made if there is nobody from the other team standing near the resource (in the square). 1-itemers should use this to their advantage, to prevent the other team from making barriers.

Meanwhile, 1-itemers should come back for a weapon immediately after scouting. Ask for c3/c4 clay, or if we haven't gotten it yet, just pick a c1 dagger; it's better than nothing. After you get a dagger, go to the c5 and attack their people, to either drive them out or kill them.

Even if you're skilling, it doesn't hurt to carry a dagger on you. If not, don't be afraid to pickpocket them. The goal is to stop them from getting clay.

If all goes well, we will set up a temporary c1 barrier, until a designated person at the c3/c4 replaces it with a better barrier. As long as the other team doesn't get clays for daggers, they will not be a threat, and we should have control of the resource. Even if we fail, we can go look for the other c5.

The main difference between this and what we normally do is that there will be 3-4 people designated to specific roles. Everyone else does what they would normally do. Also, everyone should carry a dagger on them in the beginning of the game (including skillers).

The main goal here is to drive them out before they can get any clay, and set up a barrier to maintain control. This will slow down how quickly they gear.

Last edited by sd1011 on Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:09 am; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
sd1011

PostSubject: Re: New SC Strategies Thread   Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:08 am

AVOIDING GETTING BASE CAMPED (and preparation in case we do)

First of all, all skillers should have armor (preferably melee), weapons, barriers, and food on them (the farther away from you are from a cloud, the more food you should have). If you are about to die, drop your stackables, don't let them get it.

In order to avoid getting base camped, 1-itemers should play defensively, protecting the skillers. As long as a barrier is up, you will come right back and should be constantly attacking them. Focus mainly on mages, and attack one-itemers too, to stop them from attacking the barrier. Skillers (especially those with staff+runes) should help by freezing enemies with armor, to prevent them from running away.

However, 1-itemers do not need to stay at the barrier the whole time. If possible, they should attack the enemy barrier that their 1-itemers are spawning from. Try to keep them there, instead of attacking our barrier. However, if they are smart and do run toward our barrier, the number one priority of 1-itemers should be defending the skillers. If the skillers aren't killed or forced to run, we can't get base camped.

Of course, skillers will be at more than 1 resource, so 1-itemers need to be ready to defend at any place when necessary. In general, they should try to stick together, and split up into no more than 2 groups. The resources farthest from fog clouds will need the most protection.

Meanwhile, skillers should have armor/weps (as mentioned above), so that they can take out a solo 1-itemer without a problem.

Although we can take measures to prevent us from getting base camped, we must also be prepared in case we do.

Basically, we will need daggers in base (c4 early, c5 if we get), as well as a few staffs. We will designate people to make these (as usual).

That way, we will be able to attack back if we do get camped.

Last edited by sd1011 on Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:35 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
sd1011

WHAT TO DO IF WE GET BASE CAMPED

The basic theory behind base camping is to get the other team to stand in their base doing nothing, while your team skills. However, it is not effective against a team who is prepared for it, and will only be a waste of food.

If we do get camped, skillers should either deposit their stackables or give them to siva. Additionally, instead of depositing non-stackables (food, etc), you should give them to assigned people. Right now, I'm thinking give barriers to siva, food to waka? (maybe one more, depending how late we get camped), and deposit armor, weapons, and tools normally. However, only give/deposit c4 and c5 nonstackable items, drop any c3 and under nonstackables, although you really shouldn't have any (except maybe food).

If we do get camped, nobody should be standing in base and wondering what to do. You should either be skilling, 1-iteming, maging, or pickpocketing/distracting.

- Skilling: Grab a tool, protect item, and try to run out and skill on c1, c2, or c3. Make a familiar and scrolls, deposit the extra scrolls every trip. It doesn't matter if you die with unprocessed clay, because it usually is not worth their time to pick it up. However, try not to die. If you can, try to find a far-off place that is close to a fog cloud, a kiln, or both. Go for the corners of the map, and avoid the middle area and areas where the other team is skilling. If you need a 1-itemer to break one of their barriers, call for help and give the location. We should have about 5-8 skillers

The idea here is that skillers will lose very little if they die, and if we get base camped, it won't be worth the time to make barriers, food, armor etc for self-defense.

- 1-iteming (with dagger): Pretty simple. If you are a skiller, give all your nonstackables to siva/waka and grab a dagger. If you already have a dagger, that's good. Focus on piling their mages, and maybe other people in armor. Most of the time, it isn't worth it to attack their 1-itemers, and better to just let them run out of pray lol. We should have 6-10 1-itemers.

- Mages ("1-iteming" mages): Give your items to siva/waka and grab a staff. Take 15-30 of each type of rune (depending on how many casts you expect to get in before you die) and freeze their mages/people in armor. Have pray melee on. DO NOT TAKE THE ENTIRE RUNE PILE, EVER. If you do, put it back quickly and take out a smaller amount. Tbh, you shouldn't need more than 5 casts. Have protect item on to save the staff, and watch out for pickpocketers. The main goal of mages (for this strategy) is to freeze enemies who are trying to run, not to deal damage (although that does help). I think 2-3 mages should be enough.

- Pickpocketers/Distracters: Give your items to siva/waka and either grab a dagger or carry nothing. Try to pickpocket their mages or people with armor if you can. Otherwise, try to run out of base (in the opposite direction of the skillers) to lure some 1-itemers away from base.

The basic idea is to kill their mages, or at least make them use up a lot of food and runes. They should be eating through their own team score. Meanwhile, we will have some skillers on lower clay, getting some points.

Last edited by sd1011 on Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:50 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
sd1011

WHAT TO DO AFTER WE BREAK THE BASE CAMP

Essentially, a base camp is broken when there are no mages left. Without the ability to freeze people trying to escape, it becomes very hard to base camp a team.

Once the mages are gone, 1-itemers should go after the enemy barriers, destroying the ones closest to our base first. I don't think enemy 1-itemers should be too big a problem. We should still have about 6-10 1-itemers at this point.

The 1-itemers will be followed by mages, who will get some food and barriers from waka/siva. (We will need to practice this.) Mages will follow the 1-itemers on a search and destroy mission to kill all their skillers, and to set up barriers near them. Mages should focus more on freezing than on dealing damage; try to conserve food. Mages are necessary to kill skillers, because if they are not frozen, it usually is not too hard to run to safety with pray melee on.

If all goes well, they should only have 1-itemers left, and our 1-itemers can fight theirs, to distract them from our skillers (who will still be on c1/c2/c3). Basically, the map will be dominated by 1-itemers, with maybe some mages attacking from clouds, and skillers in the corners.

I think that's it, I'll add more if I think of anything. If there is anything that is unclear or that I need to clarify, please post. Also, feedback is good too.
Back to top Go down
siniwelho
Living Legend

PostSubject: Re: New SC Strategies Thread   Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:18 am

sd1011 wrote:
The plan atm is to have 2 people (maybe me and sini) immediately pick c1 clays at the beginning of the game...
Sounds like a suicide mission. Well, I'm pretty good in dying - it takes me no effort at all.

But I agree that we should have strategies for different situations. Too bad that many don't read our forums and we have to explain the same things several times to different people.
Back to top Go down
X Rk Killa X

PostSubject: Re: New SC Strategies Thread   Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:39 am

Great guide, I really hope it all pans out like we hope!
Nice job again, Sd!
Back to top Go down
Ewieke!
Lazy Potter

PostSubject: Re: New SC Strategies Thread   Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:00 am

good thinking sd
but if we wanne have practise on wednesday, we will need a decent opponent, else it's not much of use
Back to top Go down
Deps
Runner: "He's making a run for it!"

PostSubject: Re: New SC Strategies Thread   Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:48 am

let's have a practice against basedin2minutes plz
Back to top Go down
Thkya
Queen: "Run away! Run away!"

PostSubject: Re: New SC Strategies Thread   Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:53 am

I wouldn't advice practise match against any of our opponents <_< We're winning our matches because we know the scoring system better than they do - no reason to tip our hand there.
Back to top Go down
brianlyons
BA Newbie

PostSubject: Re: New SC Strategies Thread   Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:01 am

great guide sd i see u put a lot of work into this cup for us great work!

its a lot to take in but i get the idea of it so i wont look stupid so thanks!
Back to top Go down
sd1011

PostSubject: Re: New SC Strategies Thread   Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:26 am

Next practice will be on Friday 7/23 at 6PM GMT (same time as before)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New SC Strategies Thread   

Back to top Go down

New SC Strategies Thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1