~~~~The love of Barbarian Assault brought us together and friendship has made us stay ~~~~

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome to Barbarian Assault Addicts' Website!
BAA has moved to old school! Come join us "B A Addicts"
BAA is now open for everyone, no requirements, no applications. Join us!

Share | 

[Buddy Skills] Methods and Times/Organization

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
sd1011
Ranger: "Shooty-shooty!"

PostSubject: [Buddy Skills] Methods and Times/Organization   Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:59 am

Last edited: Tuesday 7/20 - planning to have next group session on thursday at 6pm gmt (again).
- also, added more detail for cooking in between method
- confirmed: we are NOT allowed to trade cooked fish: http://services.runescape.com/m=forum/c=vSQ7I8HMH4w/sl=0/forums.ws?251,252,726,61317130,15,288702630,highlight,#15

*See 2nd post for organization and meeting times to discuss stuff*

In the discussion thread, I focused mainly on the best method, which not everyone will want to do, because of how much clicking it requires. In this thread, I will include some more relaxing methods. The methods are by descending exp/hr and include the approximate exp/hr for each (total fishing and cooking exp).

Method 1 - Fly fishing and cooking fish in between

Items Needed: Fly fishing rod, 2.5k+ feathers per session; summoning pouches, fish pots/pies if you want

Locations: North of Seers' Village, Lumbridge River, Barbarian Village, maybe Shilo Village (no trees, and fish spot can be far apart sometimes)

See other thread for info, basically cook as soon as you catch a fish and click back on fishing spot (so you don't lose any time - this works because you only have a chance of getting a fish every 3 seconds). Trade runner when inv is full.

- When cooking in between, it is possible to drop a fish and cook another in between fish, without losing any time.
To do this, you should drop the fish that is directly above the space that you will get a fish. For example, you have first row (top 4 items) full. Then next fish will show up 1 space below the top-left space (1st space). Right when you see the exp in the counter, drop the first cooked fish, and mouse should be over the raw fish you just got. Click on that, cook, and back on fish spot.
- Basically, hover mouse on drop, click to drop, click again to use raw fish, move mouse to click on fire, then back on fish spot. When the fish is cooked, it will move up to the spot that the fish you dropped was in, and you can repeat.

Iventory diagram
- C is cooked fish, R is empty space that raw fish will be in, X is anything else

CXXX
RXXX
XXXX
XXXX
XXXX
XXXX
XXXX

as long as the raw fish will show up 1 space below a cooked fish, this will work.

Maximum exp/hr: 120k

Expected exp/hr: 90-105k

Comments: This is by far the best method in terms of exp/hr but requires a lot of clicking. I would suggest you at least try this before any of the other methods. You do not have to cook in between the entire 2 hours. It is ok to switch back and forth between cooking in between fish, and cooking once your inv is full. For example, doing 1 inv of cooking in between, and then 2 inv of cooking when inv is full (and repeating), or cooking in between for only 1 type of fish, etc. Any amount of time cooking in between is better than none at all.

Method 2 - Fly fishing and cooking when inv is full

Items Needed: Fly fishing rod, 2.5k+ feathers per session; summoning pouches, fish pots/pies if you want

Locations: North of Seers' Village, Lumbridge River, Barbarian Village, maybe Shilo Village (no trees, and fish spot can be far apart sometimes)

This is pretty simple: fish until your inventory is full, cook all the fish, and trade it to a runner. Much, much easier to do (in terms of amount of clicking).

Maximum exp/hr: 70k

Expected exp/hr: 55-70k

Comments: As mentioned above, alternate between cooking in between and cooking when inv is full if you can.

Method 3 - Harpooning tuna and swordfish (not sharks)

Items Needed: Harpoon (or barb-tail harpoon or bare-handed, although I'd say to just use normal harpoon. Sacred clay harpoons are not allowed); summoning pouches, fish pots/pies if you want

Locations: Catherby, Fishing Guild, Karamja docks (f2p place)

Same as above: fish until your inventory is full, cook all the fish, and trade it to a runner. Slightly less exp than Method 2, but also takes longer to get an inventory of fish, so might be more relaxing for some people.

Maximum exp/hr: 65k/hr?

Expected exp/hr: 50-65k?

Comments: Tbh, I think fly fishing and cooking when inv is full is simple enough, this shouldn't really be necessary, but it's an option.

Method 4 - Monkfish

Locations: Piscatoris (needs Swan Song quest)

Items Needed: small fishing net; summoning pouches, fish pots/pies if you want

Same as above: fish until your inventory is full, cook all the fish, and trade it to a runner. Less exp, but more relaxing I suppose.

Maximum exp/hr: 60-65k/hr?

Expected exp/hr: 45-65k/hr? (on the lower end if not 90+ fish, I think)

Comments: I wouldn't recommend this, but it's an option. I would say you should either stick to method 1 or 2, or a mix of the two.

Last edited by sd1011 on Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:28 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
sd1011

PostSubject: Re: [Buddy Skills] Methods and Times/Organization   Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:01 am

Next group session will be Thursday 6PM GMT, at Seer's bank again.

Last edited by sd1011 on Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Zyenne
Waka Canoe

PostSubject: Re: [Buddy Skills] Methods and Times/Organization   Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:18 am

clan event might be easiest. Wink
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
sd1011

PostSubject: Re: [Buddy Skills] Methods and Times/Organization   Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:56 am

Yea, that would help fire. Give them pouches when theirs is about to run out. Maybe pots too every inv?
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Deps
Runner: "He's making a run for it!"

PostSubject: Re: [Buddy Skills] Methods and Times/Organization   Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:31 pm

yummy cookies
Back to top Go down
bluuueangel
BA Newbie

PostSubject: Re: [Buddy Skills] Methods and Times/Organization   Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:51 pm

hmmm...
After session and during session i felt many things...

- like my eyes were going to explode
- like i wanted to jump in the water and drown myself
- like i wanted to cry
- like i wanted a pirate to come and sail me to a deserted island where buddy skills didn't exist

and yet.... one more session...i will be prepared with food
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Buddy Skills] Methods and Times/Organization   

Back to top Go down

[Buddy Skills] Methods and Times/Organization
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1