~~~~The love of Barbarian Assault brought us together and friendship has made us stay ~~~~

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome to Barbarian Assault Addicts' Website!
BAA has moved to old school! Come join us "B A Addicts"
BAA is now open for everyone, no requirements, no applications. Join us!

Share | 

Recruitment Ideas

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
sd1011
Ranger: "Shooty-shooty!"

PostSubject: Recruitment Ideas   Thu May 31, 2012 4:59 am

Seems like there's a lack of new members lately, which is related to people in clan playing ba less often. Here are some ideas I had to try to deal with both issues.

World 6 Invasion
Basically we try to get as many people as we can to play ba in w6 at the same time, probably during an event time. Maybe try to get people to wear the same equips (full penance and clan vex or something). We'd probably break up into groups of 2-4, pick up some randoms (usually as att or coll), and do rounds with them. This way, we get people from clan to ba in w6, meet other clan members, look for people who might be a good fit for the clan, and hopefully have fun.
Will have to figure out how much organization we would need for this to run smoothly.

BA weeks
Similar to how skilling clans have skilling weeks, we could have a competition to try to get the most ba points (based on hiscores) in a week or something. I'm not sure how well this would actually work though, since idk how much interest there is in ranks, and would probably need a reward too. It might help to get some older members playing ba again with people they know, which could rekindle their love of ba. Probably some variation of this might be better.

There's a lot of other possibilities that would probably work well too, don't be afraid to post if you have any ideas.
Back to top Go down
Sar
Queen: "Run Away! Run Away!"

PostSubject: Re: Recruitment Ideas   Thu May 31, 2012 8:19 am

Ba Weeks sound fun =D Personally the competition would be incentive enough to play, but i'm not sure if that would be the same for everyone.

And I like the idea of Ba invasion, i've noticed that people in general are more willing to ba if there are more people already there, so a group event is just what we need.
Back to top Go down
Kristy

PostSubject: Re: Recruitment Ideas   Thu May 31, 2012 9:38 am

BA week! BA week! bounce
Back to top Go down
sd1011

PostSubject: Re: Recruitment Ideas   Thu May 31, 2012 9:39 am

found the old thread about similar issues (people not ba'ing enough): http://baaddicts.forumotion.net/t345-new-workshop-challange

and from that thread...
Sar wrote:
We have a Barbarian Assault challenge!
this would consist of a competition between anyone who wants to join, and it would be either of the following methods:
- Whoever plays the most ba (tracking hiscore points for whole week) over a certain week.
- Whoever plays the most rounds with baa team (3 or more baa members) and they would have to name who they played each round with and update on forums.
- Combination of the two

We could give out rewards, here were some ideas:
- Obviously, naming winner on forums
- Possible having cc title (currently [BAA]) dedicated to them for a week or 2
- Automatic rank up for recruit & corp (other ranks, opinions? idk if this would be a good/bad idea)
- Monetary reward?
- Lieutenant (Maybe capt?) powers for a week?

I kind of like this idea, we might be able to generate some hype and get people actually EXCITED about ba!

Anyway, since times have changed now, perhaps we should take another look at some of the ideas in that thread.
EDIT: I moved the thread from the moderator section, in case anyone couldn't access it earlier.
Back to top Go down
Luxus_kontor
What's BA?

PostSubject: Re: Recruitment Ideas   Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:48 am

I like the idea of a w6 invasion sunny
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Recruitment Ideas   

Back to top Go down

Recruitment Ideas
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1