~~~~The love of Barbarian Assault brought us together and friendship has made us stay ~~~~

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome to Barbarian Assault Addicts' Website!
BAA has moved to old school! Come join us "B A Addicts"
BAA is now open for everyone, no requirements, no applications. Join us!

Share | 

[Skilling Cup] Mining Discussion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
sd1011
Ranger: "Shooty-shooty!"

PostSubject: [Skilling Cup] Mining Discussion   Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:39 am

"The skilling week will begin 00:01 BST Monday 5th July and run until 23:59 Sunday 11th July. At least 8 of the 10 registered skillers from your clan must have at least 5 full hours of skilling sessions that adhere to our rules. If there are only 7 or less, you clan will be disqualified from the skill."

See thread: 251-252-169-61213598 on the RSOF for rules, and how exp rates are calculated.

If you already read it, you can skip to the next post on this thread.

Important info from RSOF thread:

"What is a 'session'?

A session is the term that we use from the time that you logged into the game (not lobby) to the time that you fully log out of the game. This doesn't necessarily have to be any particular length of time except that it must be at least one hour long for the normal skilling and at least two hours long for the Buddy Skills.

Each session that passes the rules and is at least 60 mins long will count towards your skilling. Don't forget that we take the best five hours of skilling from you so if you do mess things up, it shouldn't count if you make up for it!"

Sessions are over two complete hours get converted into XP/Hour and then mutiplied into two usable sessions.

There is no limit to the number of sessions you can have, they will only take the best 5 sessions for each person.

"If you even "rub" the XP Lamp then all of the XP that you've gained so far since you logged in (your current "session") will not be counted. It doesn't matter if you don't get XP or pick a different skill, it still will not be counted.

You are free to play the game as normal with Distraction and Diversions or anything else but any session with any XP gains in them won't be counted. The best way to think about it is when you log in, is it going to be a normal session or a Skilling Cup session. If you choose Skilling Cup, just focus on Mining for at least 60mins and if it's a normal playing session, do whatever you want for how ever long you want. "
(QFC: 251-252-299-61217789)

Items not allowed:

- varrock armor
- stealing creation tools
- penance horn
- inferno adze
- brawling gloves
- xp lamps
- xp from quests
- any distraction and diversion (i think this counts the extra ore boost from shooting stars)

Familiars and d picks (can be borrowed) are allowed.

Last edited by sd1011 on Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:20 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
sd1011
Ranger: "Shooty-shooty!"

PostSubject: Re: [Skilling Cup] Mining Discussion   Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:39 am

It seems that the best place to mine is the concentrated gold in Living Rock Caverns. Granite might not be too far behind though, but requires a lot more concentration to get a high exp/hr.

Topics of discussion:

- Procedure - Because of how sessions are counted, it seems the best thing to do is to have everything ready (pick, familiar, etc), go to LRC and log out at one of the non-collapsed gold deposits. Then log in to start the session, set a timer for a little over an hour (61 min should be fine), finish your inventory when time is up, and quickly log out. If there's a better procedure, don't be afraid to say so.

If you can summon a lava titan, you can use that as your timer, since it lasts 61 min.

- Which deposits to use?
According to Diddy, using 3 gold deposits (the 2 southern ones and the northeast one), is better than using the 2 southern golds and coal.

- What world?
Seems like w77 is good. not too laggy and populated enough so you won't get attacked too much.

Side note: Living rock creatures will only attack you if you are within one square of them.

- Powermining (dropping) or trading?
probably should test more which is better.

- Summoning familiars
I really don't see any reason not to use them. The familiars that give mining boosts are:
1. Desert Wyrm (18 summon): +1 boost, lasts 19 min
2. Void Ravager (34 summon): +1 boost, lasts 27 min
3. Obsidian Golem (73 summon): +7 boost, lasts 55 min
4. Lava Titan (83 summon): +10 boost, lasts 61 min

Also, if you have a mining cape, doesn't hurt to use that boost as well.

- I think 65-70k exp/hr (powerdropping or trading) would be a good rate to aim for.

EDIT: To have a lower chance of getting a random during a session, it would be a good idea to start a session right after getting one. I think that should work.

EDIT2: It could be possible that you mine gold slightly faster on a full/more populated world. It'd be helpful if people compared their exp rates on full and not full worlds, or to just mine on a full world, i guess.
EDIT3: Nvm, seems like more populated world isn't faster than less populated world. More data would still be helpful though, i guess.

Last edited by sd1011 on Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:08 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Diddy264
BA Regular

PostSubject: Re: [Skilling Cup] Mining Discussion   Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:45 am

Powermining granite without varry armour, just dont bother...

highly likely you will get under 60k
Back to top Go down
Deps
Runner: "He's making a run for it!"

PostSubject: Re: [Skilling Cup] Mining Discussion   Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:24 pm

Here is a guide on how to powermine gold

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8si-3s2KBsA
Back to top Go down
das loupah

PostSubject: Re: [Skilling Cup] Mining Discussion   Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:18 pm

Don't think Jagex notices but.. The + key from mousekeys is against the rules Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Deps

PostSubject: Re: [Skilling Cup] Mining Discussion   Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:08 pm

It's easy to use this method without the "+"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Skilling Cup] Mining Discussion   

Back to top Go down

[Skilling Cup] Mining Discussion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1