~~~~The love of Barbarian Assault brought us together and friendship has made us stay ~~~~

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome to Barbarian Assault Addicts' Website!
BAA has moved to old school! Come join us "B A Addicts"
BAA is now open for everyone, no requirements, no applications. Join us!

Share | 

Worth giving your Facebook password to get hired?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Would you give your Facebook password to your boss to get hired for a job?
Yes.
14%
 14% [ 3 ]
No.
67%
 67% [ 14 ]
I don't have a Facebook.
19%
 19% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 21

AuthorMessage
Firehawk825
Queen: "Run away! Run away!"

PostSubject: Worth giving your Facebook password to get hired?   Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:16 am

A question that came up in the radio.

Wonder what you guys would do if you were ever in a situation like this.
Back to top Go down
arf_007
Master of Roles

PostSubject: Re: Worth giving your Facebook password to get hired?   Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:24 am

Can a boss actually do this?
Back to top Go down
Firehawk825
Queen: "Run away! Run away!"

PostSubject: Re: Worth giving your Facebook password to get hired?   Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:28 am

arf_007 wrote:
Can a boss actually do this?
Well from what I know it is totally legal here in the U.S. Not sure about Europe. spider
Back to top Go down
arf_007
Master of Roles

PostSubject: Re: Worth giving your Facebook password to get hired?   Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:30 am

fb pass is a personal thing isnt it. Dont think bosses are allowed to ask for that kind of personal stuff.
At least that would be my guess, why would your boss need your pass anyway?
So he can post redicilous stuff on your wall while you post, gtfo my fb stupid boss.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Worth giving your Facebook password to get hired?   Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:54 am

^ I don't think they want it for their personal use. I've heard recently that universities and jobs of prestige have been asking for your complete Facebook - every post you've ever posted, every picture you've ever uploaded, etc. I read somewhere that 50% or so of people regret posting certain things on their Facebook for this reason.

Anyway, I don't have Facebook. I don't like how they sell their information. Razz
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Quakeddoom
Master of Roles

PostSubject: Re: Worth giving your Facebook password to get hired?   Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:33 am

sure! my pass is: 2i64do2nt88hav77efb91u35baws6mad?

confused
Back to top Go down
Zyenne
Waka Canoe

PostSubject: Re: Worth giving your Facebook password to get hired?   Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:56 am

I don't think that's even legal in Finland Very Happy In job interviews they are not allowed to ask personal questions that have nothing to do with the job - and personal information include passwords ^^

Ofc anyone has the right to read what you have posted on Facebook if your posts are public. So you might wanna think about what you post on fb and who can read them ^^

TO answer your question: is it worth giving out fb pass just to get hired, I would say... think about it - is the job worth it? Do you want that exact job so badly, you would do anything to be the one hired for the job?

I would have to say: NO
anytime
Back to top Go down
Wandering
BA Regular

PostSubject: Re: Worth giving your Facebook password to get hired?   Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:10 am

*Gives Law lecture*

If a senior employer asked for private information in Australia such as passwords to private information, they are actually given a criminal status. You can take them to court and sue them for big bucks Twisted Evil .

But if it were legal, I'd still say no Wink .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Worth giving your Facebook password to get hired?   

Back to top Go down

Worth giving your Facebook password to get hired?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1