~~~~The love of Barbarian Assault brought us together and friendship has made us stay ~~~~

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome to Barbarian Assault Addicts' Website!
BAA has moved to old school! Come join us "B A Addicts"
BAA is now open for everyone, no requirements, no applications. Join us!

Share | 

Notes on Fight Kiln

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rude
Master of Roles

PostSubject: Re: Notes on Fight Kiln   Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:17 pm

Just died on my second attempt.
I made it to Har-Aken again and died from tentacles. This time I reached wave 29 with 5 brew flasks left and messed up with the positioning of the dills. GF 3 brew flasks. At wave 35 I used another 4 doses after ranging the jad. At double jad I used 2 doses. I started wave 37 with one brew flask, 3 magic crystals, 3 restoration crystals, and 1 invulnerability crystal. I thought I was in good shape, and I was...until the head went down the third time. Even when I hid from the tentacles by standing in the center, I was continuously getting hit by magic (even at 148/99 mage o_o). I couldn't kill the magic tentacles because my ranged level was reduced by the magic crystals. I suggest that you don't use magic crystals on this boss until he's nearly dead, because you can't kill off the attacking tentacles. I got Har-Aken to around 1/3 health (man he has a lot of health) before dying from the mage tentacles. They are very accurate and gano doesn't reduce damage under 250. I'm gonna try praying against them while using bandos next time.

Sure there are videos of people doing the whole kiln without "food", but they've all used unicorn stallion for healing aura. I'd say kiln is definitely doable with turtle if you make no mistakes, and a piece of cake with unicorn.
Back to top Go down
Rude
Master of Roles

PostSubject: Notes on Fight Kiln   Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:25 pm

Well recently I've been at kiln and made it all the way to boss (who's a piece of cake tbh). However, during wave 20 I had a bunch of connection issues and used a large amount of my food tanking Jad, leaving me no food for the remaining waves. I died on the boss after using only eee and soul split to heal for the last 36 waves (Har-Aken's tentacles are more dangerous than he is Rolling Eyes)

I was using a tort btw, so don't be all "wtf how u run out of food on kiln u suck nub"

Here are my notes on how to save food for those of you who don't have yak, or for those that are at low combat levels and want the cape. I really like this cape for some reason. I think people who say it looks bad have a case of sour grapes scared

IMPORTANT: MAKE SURE YOU SAVE AT LEAST ONE INVULNERABILITY CRYSTAL FOR WAVE 35 AND ONE MAGIC CRYSTAL FOR WAVE 37.
IT'S ABSOLUTELY CRUCIAL THAT YOU DO SO IN ORDER TO GUARANTEE THAT YOU DON'T DIE.

1: Pray range...3 melees spawn southeast + southwest...lure to wall on east wall
2: Pray range...lure melee around east wall from southeast
3: Pray range...lure melee around e wall from se
4: Pray range kill mage northeast...southeast mage will be trapped on east wall || maul rangers pray mage
5: Pray range stand west of northeast spawn...flinch dill
6: Pray range stand northeast to block southeast mage || maul rangers pray mage
7: Pray range stand northeast rush mage
8: Pray range stand northeast center rock safespot...run nw to melee ranger, mage will be stuck
9: All monsters are rangers
10: Stand northeast of center rock...watch out for jad
11: All monsters are mages
12: Pray mage run northwest then southwest to rush rangers
13: Pray mage stand northeast of center rock...kill northwest mage
14: Pray mage stand northeast of center rock...kill mages northwest
15: Pray mage stand northwest to rush ranger
16: Pray mage stand northwest to rush ranger
17: Pray mage stand northwest to rush ranger run n to entrance to lure melee
18: Pray mage stand northwest to rush ranger run n to n entrance watch out for ranger middle
19: Pray mage stand west of northeast wall to flinch dill
20: Stand northeast of center rock...watch out for jad
21-23: All monsters are melee...lure around walls & soul split
24: Pray range stand northwest to rush ranger
25: Pray range stand northeast of center rock...run straight north and range the rangers
26: Pray mage stand northwest to rush ranger...lure meleers while killing mages
27: Pray mage stand northwest to rush ranger...stay northwest pray melee and kill melees...run east kill mage
28: Pray mage stand west of northeast wall...range western mage and flinch dill(to lure northwest dill make sure northeast dill is south of obstacle then trap them on each other...run north of east wall to flinch dills...use center rock to flinch remaining two dills
29: All monsters are melee...lure around walls and soul split
30: Pray melee stand northeast of center rock...watch out for jad
31: All monsters are range
32: All monsters are melee
33: Pray mage stand northeast of center rock
34: Pray melee stand northeast of center rock...watch out for jad
35: Pray mage stand west of center rock...wait for melee to hit then use invulnerability crystal and run in front of jad (now you can melee him but if you suck at pvm push him back 1 space by stepping east then west)
36: Stand east of center rock...both jads will be lured and you can safespot them (gf Jagex?)
37: Stand all the way south: Har-Aken will only pop up west, east, and south...kill tentacles if you're low on food and they're hitting you but otherwise watch for head because it disappears after a short time use magic crystals with soa/polypore on head

Of course this isn't really in-depth. I'm assuming anyone serious about trying this has a bit of common sense. If you follow all the steps above, only one combat style should be targeting you shortly after the beginning of a wave, saving you some food and money (brews are expensive!)

Equipment/Inventory setup:
Mage gear: Polypore staff and/or Armadyl battlestaff with Armadyl runes - I'd suggest Polypore for waves and Storm of Armadyl for boss unless you're super rich and want to soa waves.
Range gear: Chaotic crossbow + div/ely/cks/godbook | Karil's crossbow if you don't have Chaotic or the first 3 shields
Melee gear: Chaotic maul/Godsword, Chaotic rapier/Abyssal whip + defender/div/ely
High defense melee/mage armor, high offense range/mage armor

4 Overload + Prayer renewal flasks (If you can't ovl, use super restores for this spot)
Fill bob with brews (unless you have yak in which case fill the last row with restores) - this way you can take 1 brew flask at a time using take bob
4 super prayer flasks, 1 brew flask, rest super restores (might want to leave 1 or 2 spaces to switch between maul/gs and 1h weapons, and for looting powerups on early waves)
Back to top Go down

Notes on Fight Kiln
Page 1 of 1