~~~~The love of Barbarian Assault brought us together and friendship has made us stay ~~~~

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome to Barbarian Assault Addicts' Website!
BAA has moved to old school! Come join us "B A Addicts"
BAA is now open for everyone, no requirements, no applications. Join us!

Share | 

Your first time on RuneScape

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Thkya
Queen: "Run away! Run away!"

PostSubject: Re: Your first time on RuneScape   Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:30 pm

Some of you have maybe heard this story before, I know I've told it...

I started playing on Runescape Classic, after having heard about it from some friends online. I'd never played anything like this, no mmorpgs, not even any similar singleplayer games. So I played through Tutorial Island, and landed in Lumbridge, having not a clue what I was doing or what was going on around me. I walked around a bit, and suddenly I got attacked by a horrible, horrible pker named Highwayman! D: For those of you who never played RSC, you should know that when you entered combat, you were stuck there for 3 rounds (all weapons had the same speed, so 3 hits for each combatant) before you could even try running away. He didn't manage to kill me in 3 hits, so I tried running away, but I didn't run far enough because he attacked me again! Another 3 rounds! I think the same thing happened once more, then a higher level player took mercy on me and told me to RUN! and attacked the Highwayman for me. And I ran and I ran and I ran and I ran, and hid inside the building with the furnace.

So scared! D:

I told the friend who'd originally told me about RS about my scary, scary start, and although he'd really quit some time ago, he offered to log on and make me some proper armour. He logged on, and omg he was so cool. He was like level 79 and was wearing black clothes (priest robes) and a RUNE 2H! Which was the absolute best weapon you could have at the time. He mined ore and made me a full set of iron armour and weapon, and I wanted to pay him back as much as I could, so I gave him every single gp I'd found, and also this white... pearl thing? I didn't know what it was, but it looked valuable to me. He told me to keep my white bead as I might need it later, but accepted my cash Razz

One of the proudest days in my RS life was the day when the same guy randomly logged back on, years later. By then, I was doing pretty well, and realising that I would've probably quit on the first day if not for his help, I asked if there was anything at all I could do for him. And he said, clearly not expecting me to be able to pay this crazy expensive thing but since I'd asked... that he'd quite like a full set of rune armour. It felt so good to be able to just go and buy him exactly the thing he wanted - I wasn't very rich at the time, so my bank did take a noticeable hit, but as I figured I owed every single thing I'd accomplished on RS to his help on my first day, it was still ok by me. He was like a god to me on my first day, and now I was able to easily give him this present, that he wasn't expecting to ever be able to pay for himself Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Rude
Master of Roles

PostSubject: Re: Your first time on RuneScape   Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:18 pm

I first started playing after rs2 beta, but only f2p. I quit because I got lured in my full rune (took like a month to buy it mining coal).
Then over time I started playing again, on multiple accounts. I quit a lot of them because I wanted to use different names.

In 2007 I bought membership finally, for the first time. I had sold enough big bones to buy full rune again, and this was the time gwd, ba, and pking were popular. It was also when runescape first updated their graphics (old red compass and two lizards were given a fresh new look).

Mining coal was always my source of cash, so that's why I have abnormally high mining on most of my accounts Razz

Last edited by Rude on Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Firehawk825

PostSubject: Re: Your first time on RuneScape   Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:44 am

TheSirApplepie wrote:
Shado wrote:
Face Wall Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad
Gf pls
LOL Face
Back to top Go down
TheSirApplepie
BA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Your first time on RuneScape   Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:35 am

Shado wrote:
Gf pls
Back to top Go down
Shado
BA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Your first time on RuneScape   Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:31 am

Back to top Go down
Thkya

PostSubject: Re: Your first time on RuneScape   Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:49 am

Firehawk825 wrote:
Kristy wrote:
Shado wrote:

IBEPRONOW!

no.
ROFL!
Happy Clap! Happy Clap!
Mexican Wave!
Back to top Go down
Firehawk825

PostSubject: Re: Your first time on RuneScape   Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:22 pm

Kristy wrote:
Shado wrote:

IBEPRONOW!

no.
ROFL!
Happy Clap! Happy Clap!
Back to top Go down
Kristy
Ranger: "Shooty-shooty!"

PostSubject: Re: Your first time on RuneScape   Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:40 pm

Shado wrote:

IBEPRONOW!

no.
ROFL!
Back to top Go down
Shado
BA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Your first time on RuneScape   Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:27 am

Started, nearly 6 years ago.. on many different accounts
(no idea how many)

Because of Rl friends.. used to get owned.. alot.. remember when I made my first 100k, Joined BAA
IBEPRONOW!
Back to top Go down
Kristy

PostSubject: Re: Your first time on RuneScape   Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:21 am

My brother and cousin played, so I made my account about 5 years ago with them, although I was a noob and was stuck in tutorial island for months Razz

Lance made me play last year, for some reason I still had my account info O_o
and I've been hooked since. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
honter wolf
Runner: "He's making a run for it!"

PostSubject: Re: Your first time on RuneScape   Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:54 am

My oldest cousin introduced me to the game 7 or 8 years back, was classic when he showed me the game and when my account was made. But I didnt play on it till Runescape2 and I didnt really play frequently till about 4-5 years back =)
Back to top Go down
0megga
Runner: "He's making a run for it!"

PostSubject: Re: Your first time on RuneScape   Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:59 am

6 years ago it was the most popular game on Miniclip... so I tried it out. Smile
Back to top Go down
Rietz
Fighter: "What on RuneScape is that?"

PostSubject: Re: Your first time on RuneScape   Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:49 pm

I remember watching my friends pk when I was about 12, made an account shortly after. I was just was playing on/off until a couple years back when I started playing frequently Smile
Back to top Go down
Shir27

PostSubject: Re: Your first time on RuneScape   Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:32 pm

I think it was 6 years ago, my best friend's cousin told her about runescape and she tried it and told me about it. She stopped playing like 1 week after she started, but I liked it and just kept playing...
Back to top Go down
Firehawk825

PostSubject: Your first time on RuneScape   Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:50 am

I'm just curious...How did everyone of you find out about RuneScape?

I myself found out about it in 6th grade when a bunch of my friends were talking about it during class and decided to try it out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your first time on RuneScape   

Back to top Go down

Your first time on RuneScape
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Barbarian Assault Addicts :: BAA HISTORY BOX-
Jump to: