~~~~The love of Barbarian Assault brought us together and friendship has made us stay ~~~~

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome to Barbarian Assault Addicts' Website!
BAA has moved to old school! Come join us "B A Addicts"
BAA is now open for everyone, no requirements, no applications. Join us!

Share | 

Skill plot questions for everyone

Go down 
AuthorMessage
TheSirApplepie
BA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Skill plot questions for everyone   Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:47 am

Thkya wrote:
Why yes, I am stalking forums rather heavily today. What can I say, today is really amazingly boring!

Oh I want T1 btw, but what about T2, 3 and 4?
Back to top Go down
Thkya
Queen: "Run away! Run away!"

PostSubject: Re: Skill plot questions for everyone   Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:43 am

Why yes, I am stalking forums rather heavily today. What can I say, today is really amazingly boring!
Back to top Go down
Thkya

PostSubject: Re: Skill plot questions for everyone   Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:42 am

You should be safe then Smile We will definitely have T5 plots in wc, mining, smithing, firemaking, and summoning. You know, eventually - can only do a few upgrades per week. Wink
Back to top Go down
arf_007
Master of Roles

PostSubject: Re: Skill plot questions for everyone   Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:33 am

Thkya wrote:
But I bring it up because: If you want a T5 crafting plot, speak up - you can totally have one!

hi

The only reason why I want T5 is to cap faster. Allthough idm capping on other skills. Dont really has to be craft for me.
Back to top Go down
Thkya

PostSubject: Re: Skill plot questions for everyone   Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:25 pm

TheSirApplepie wrote:
Thkya wrote:
TheSirApplepie wrote:
We can't have a T1 and a T5 crafting plot do we?

We can. That's only the entire point of this whole thread Wink

Well, I'd say that we add the 2 crafting plots? O_o

Which one do you want to use, personally?
Back to top Go down
TheSirApplepie
BA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Skill plot questions for everyone   Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:46 pm

Thkya wrote:
TheSirApplepie wrote:

Well, I'd say that we add the 2 crafting plots? O_o
Back to top Go down
Thkya

PostSubject: Re: Skill plot questions for everyone   Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:25 pm

TheSirApplepie wrote:

Back to top Go down
TheSirApplepie
BA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Skill plot questions for everyone   Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:21 pm

I don't think we need a T1 mining/woodcutting plot because it's easier to train. Crafting is hella expensive for me. ;_;
I don't like the summoning plot at all, sorry Thkya. Sad And I probably wont be training summoning for the rest of my Rs carreer Razz
What if we make crafting T2, T3, T4? how much faster will it be and how much xp would you get from capping?
Back to top Go down
Thkya

PostSubject: Re: Skill plot questions for everyone   Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:50 pm

sd1011 wrote:
For skill plots, not sure how many people skill at citadel mostly for exp, so depends what those members think. Unless someone desires otherwise, maybe just do craft/summon (if you don't want to leave them empty), since those seem to be the plots most often used for exp (i think). Maybe add a poll?

I have no problem leaving them empty, if there's no interest in using them. If we're not doubling up on anything, my suggestion would be keeping the craft plot at T1, and upgrading all the others to T5. A T5 craft plot might be more relevant if we needed large amounts of cloth, but we really kinda don't.

But I bring it up because: If you want a T5 crafting plot, speak up - you can totally have one!

And if you're xp hungry and want a T1 plot of any of the other skills, speak up!

We don't need to come to an agreement about which kind of plot is better, I'm just trying to gauge interest, find out in which skills (if any) there might be a desire for both.

We could do a poll, it just seemed like a slightly more complex question, and a poll limits people to a yes/no response.
Back to top Go down
sd1011
Ranger: "Shooty-shooty!"

PostSubject: Re: Skill plot questions for everyone   Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:18 pm

Wish it were like that too arf, but we still have to pay upkeep each week if we don't want citadel to dilapidate/degrade. Dumb system for an MMORPG imo.

Can see the current upkeep on Thk's Citadel Updates thread: here
Atm, takes a little over 9 people fully capping (at 2k) to meet upkeep each week; more for upgrades. Also need 20+ visitors each week for upkeep, though ideally 25+ (for upgrades).

For skill plots, not sure how many people skill at citadel mostly for exp, so depends what those members think. Unless someone desires otherwise, maybe just do craft/summon (if you don't want to leave them empty), since those seem to be the plots most often used for exp (i think). Maybe add a poll?
Back to top Go down
arf_007
Master of Roles

PostSubject: Re: Skill plot questions for everyone   Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:43 am

I see it this way:
I dont need the xp of any skill so I rather have T5 so I can cap faster.
But I do understand ppl want a T1 for the free xp.
Allthough I do wanne try out this option in citadel to see how it works etc, but really cba doing 3hours+ of cap.

But if I understand correctly thyka, we are not going for higher tiers in overal citadel. So basicly there is no point soon for me getting the cap as I dont need the xp. If you interpretate it that way, the best option would be T1 for the ppl who actually need/want the max xp on a weekly base. I'm just getting cap atm for the clan, to upgrade the citadel. If that service isnt needed anymore soon, I will stop getting my cap.
Back to top Go down
Thkya

PostSubject: Re: Skill plot questions for everyone   Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:03 am

What other skills, though? I have no plans of attempting t6, it would take us months and months to build, and I'm pretty sure we wouldn't be able to pay the upkeep for it. So we're not getting a cooking plot. These are genuinely two empty skill plots that we have no other use for - we can leave them empty and never use them, or we can use them to double up on skill plots we already have.

But yeah, good point still - I can see the need for a T1 crafting plot, but now that you mention it I'm not sure about the need for a T5. Anyone want one? Razz

Other than crafting, I do plan to improve all the other plots to T5.
Back to top Go down
Shado
BA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Skill plot questions for everyone   Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:55 am

Couldn't we leave the crafting we have now @ T1?, I wouldn't mind spending more time for the XP, I know with the whole ring bonus is more xp, but, to be fair, it isn't much of a bonus I don't think. Also leaving the one we have now at T1 we still have the extra 2 plots free for other skills O_O
Back to top Go down
Thkya

PostSubject: Skill plot questions for everyone   Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:49 am

An interesting question about the skill plots in our citadel has come up, and I need to hear some opinions on it.

The ever-observant Sd has pointed out that you get the same xp per action whether you're working at a T1 or a T5 skill plot. Since a higher tier plot gives you more resources per action, this means that in total, you'll actually get less xp from a higher tier plot!

To put it simply:

T1 plot: It takes a longer time to cap, but you get more xp in total.
T5 plot: Capping is faster, but the overall xp is less.

(Additionally: Charging the clan ring at a T5 plot gives more bonus xp than T1)

For some skills, this probably doesn't matter. If you're mining or woodcutting, I think it's safe to assume you just want to hit the cap as fast as possible, and get out of there. So upgrading these to T5 is an easy choice. But for a skill like crafting, there might be some who would try to save cash by training at citadel for free instead of paying for resources. They would get more xp from a T1 plot.

Luckily, we have 2 spare skill plots at our citadel, so we are able to have both a T5 and a T1 plot for two of our skills, to satisfy both types of player. It seems pretty obvious to me that crafting should be one of them, but do anyone have any opinions about the second one?

Without looking at details, summoning might seem like an obvious choice. But on the other hand, that plot is pretty annoying to use, and really low xp no matter what tier, so does it really matter enough to make a second plot? If we do have members who want summoning xp badly enough that they'd prefer maxing their summon cap on a T1 plot every week instead of a faster but less xp T5 plot, then we can definitely go with that. But I'm unsure if anyone would actually be interested in this?

Or, can you see a good reason for us to have a T1 version of any of the other plots?

If there's no interest in any of these, we can of course just leave the last plot empty. Upkeep for an extra T1 skill plot is dirt cheap, but of course there's no reason to be paying it if no one at all is interested.

So... What do we want to do?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Skill plot questions for everyone   

Back to top Go down

Skill plot questions for everyone
Page 1 of 1